Why not try growing your very own pumpkin for halloween this year?!
Spring is the perfect time of year to sow your pumpkin seeds.Follow the steps below:
- Place the seeds on their side, 1cm deep, in a 8cm pot of compost.
- Keep the compost well watered and in a sunny spot.
- In May, move your seedlings in to a colder spot, ready for moving outside.
- After a week, plant your seedlings outside.
- Make sure you water regularly. Try cutting the bottom off of a used plastic bottle and place upside down, lid removed, in to the soil next to the plant. This will allow the water to reach the roots.
- Feed with natural fertiliser every 10-14 days.
- Once your fruit starts to grow, make sure they sit off the ground on a tile or piece of glass.
Wait for the harvest!