There are a number of ways to save energy around the house. With the country now in lockdown, now is the time to start saving energy.
Here are just 5 easy ways to cut down on energy use around your home!
- Wash the dishes by hand instead of using the dishwasher
- Always do a full load of washing instead of two half loads
- Change your light bulbs to energy saving ones
- Turn off any switches when not in use
- Turn off the radiators in unused rooms
These are just the start! Why not add your energy saving ideas to our website!
Turn down the thermostat by a degree and put on a thicker jumper. If you heat your home with gas, you could save £60 and 310kg of carbon dioxide a year by turning the room thermostat down by one degree and save an extra £75 and 320kg of carbon dioxide a year by installing and correctly using a timer, room thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves