- They are one of the rare species of plants that are able to successfully grow through the snow.
- Due to toxic sap in the stem, daffodil should not be kept in the vase with other plants.
- Squirrels won’t eat daffodils due to these poisonous crystals — be careful to keep away from dogs, too.
- There are at least 25 different daffodil species and up to 13,000 hybrids according to the Daffodil Data Bank.
- Daffodils are surprisingly tolerant of cold, and they’re an ideal flower for novice gardeners
Plan ahead and buy yourself some daffodil bulbs, ready for planting in September. This will bring you beautiful flowers for next spring!